Home » Posts tagged 'youtube'
Tag Archives: youtube
A bold cat refused to let the falling ruble stand between him and his fish. Wikicommons.
The Moscow Times.
A sneaky cat from Vladivostok seems to have found a way around the rising prices of groceries in Russia, causing a seafood store some 60,000 rubles ($1,100) in damages by nibbling through a wide array of its delicacies.
The cat burglar made his way into the window display of a fish store located in Vladivostok International Airport, then tore through packaging with his teeth and claws, enjoying a feast of squid, flounder and dry fish, local news site Prima Media reported.
The incident, which occurred on the night of Dec. 5, was caught on video by passers-by. The video, posted to YouTube, shows bewildered onlookers laughing as the cat devours various products in the shop’s window display case.
The airport forbids keeping animals on its premises for safety and sanitary reasons, and it remains unclear how the feline entered the fish store, the airport’s press service told Prima Media. The refrigerated store window was disinfected and sanitized after the cat’s feast, the store’s manager assured.
Citing an unnamed airport shopkeeper, RIA Novosti reported Thursday that the cat burglar lives near the airport and occasionally drops by the terminal.
#MH17 Wreckage Arrives In Netherlands: Kremlin accused of role in Malaysia Airlines crash (Video Only)
Trucks carrying MH17 wreckage arrive in the Netherlands.
A picture taken on April 20, 2010, shows Russian Iskander ballistic missile launcher rolling during a rehearsal of a military parade in Alabino outside Moscow. © AFP.
Russia has deployed a number of short-range missiles to Crimea, capable of carrying nuclear warheads.
That’s according to a representative of the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ General Staff. The Iskander missiles’ were developed by the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War. Independent military analyst Dmitry Tymchuk said last month that the rockets had been recently seen on Ukraine’s eastern border.
Ukraine military say Russia deploys Iskander air defense missiles in Crimea with a range capability of 500 kilometers.
Pictured: The high school student, 17, who left #Sydney to join #ISIS terrorists in #Syria with his three brothers… two have been labelled ‘too fat to fight’
- Four brothers from Sydney’s south-west left Australia to fight in Syria.
- Two of the boys are over 140kg and described as ‘unfit’ and ‘obese’.
- Dr Jamal Rifi said the boys will not make good foot soldiers.
- He believes they will be probably be used for propaganda videos.
- The boy’s mother first received text that they were in the Middle East she thought it was a joke.
Scroll down for video.
Taha El Baf, 17, from Yagoona, and his three older brothers flew to Syria to join the Islamic State last month.
Pictures have emerged of the youngest of four Western Sydney brothers who fled to Syria to fight for the Islamic State.
Taha El Baf, 17, and his older siblings – two of whom weigh over 140kg and have been described as too unfit to be terrorist fighters – flew via Turkey to join the extremist group last month.
El Baf, who was in his final year of high school at Birrong Boys High School before he fled his family home in Yagoona, was a promising student and played for a local rugby league team, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The 17-year-old also appeared in a school anti-bullying video which was posted to YouTube last year.
Young ISIS recruit Taha El Baf appears in anti-bullying video.
The teen’s father said he wanted El Baf and his brothers, aged 23, 25 and 28 to come home.
‘I wouldn’t have taken them to the airport if I knew they would do this,’ he told the Telegraph.
The father added that one brother had left his wife and another left his fiancée and a job at Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
Last month, leading Islamic community leader Dr Jamal Rifi said two of the four Sydney brothers are ‘obese’ and may be snubbed by fellow terrorists if they eat all their rations.
More Australians have slipped through the cracks and fled overseas to join the fight with Islamic State.
Dr Rifi said the men would not make good foot soldiers for the terror group, and believes they will be used for propaganda videos instead.
When the brothers sent their shocked mother a one line text message saying they had arrived safely in Syria last month, she thought it was a cruel joke.
The message read: ‘We made it to Bilad al-Sham, we will see you in Paradise.’
One of the brothers had initially told his mother that he had won four tickets to Thailand and he was going to take his brothers with him.
Dr Rifi told radio station 2UE: ‘The family is distraught, their main concern is to initiate contact, the family are not concerned how they were radicalised but that they want them to come back.
Authorities argue they need more tools to monitor suspects and prevent them from being radicalised.
‘We are hoping the fact that because two of them are quite obese that they will not make good foot soldiers, they are over 140kg.
‘People are going to realise what are we going to do with them? Are they going to eat all the food and you can’t even run on the field.’
Dr Rifi said the family was trying to get messages to the brothers but they had not responded and had probably had their mobile phones confiscated by IS.
He explained the family had given all the information to the authorities who were trying to ‘put the pieces of the puzzle together’.
Their mother is of Lebanese descent and their father is a taxi driver, they also have another brother and sister living at home.
Dr Rifi added they were ‘simple boys’ who could not organise trip properly, and he revealed they had missed the first flight they had booked and had to re-book one for the next day.
He said: ‘They have no life experience. They (the parents) had no idea that their kids were planning such a move, these are ordinary kids who live at home, they showed no sign of radicalisation.’
The fifth son went to meet a flight that was coming in from Thailand last month, hoping it was a joke.
Many foreign fighters have already left the country including Mohamed Elomar (pictured).
Dr Rifi said the family had alerted the authorities to the brothers’ departure and it was now up to them to ‘put the pieces of the puzzle together’.
It emerged on Saturday authorities had tracked the brothers – who lived in south-west Sydney – as far as Turkey and alerted the family last week.
Australian Federal Police commissioner Neil Gaughan told a parliamentary committee that the group of four that managed to leave the country this week were ‘not on anyone’s radar’, The Guardian reported.
‘We got wind of it after the fact, but the fact is there are still people travelling,’ said Gaughan, the national manager of counter-terrorism for the Australian Federal Police,’ he said.
Khaled Sharrouf is also fighting with IS militants in the Middle East, and made headlines when he posted a photo of his young son brandishing a severed head.
- ‘ISIS made me clean the toilets… and my iPod didn’t work’.
- Canadian woman ‘captured by ISIS in Syria’ says she is actually fine and still fighting the jihadists, despite kidnap reports.
- More Australians have slipped through net to fight for Isis, federal police say.
£2.3bn for flood defences in England is not new money, and spending has gone backwards under this Tory-led government despite its claims to the contrary.
‘The government … is having to rely on councils to meet three-quarters of the costs as the private sector sit on their hands. It is difficult to see how cash-strapped local authorities will be able to raise anything like £600m for flood defences in the next six years.’ Photograph: Adrian Sherratt/Alamy
Maria Eagle MP, shadow environment secretary for the Labour party.
Climate change is a serious threat to national security and last year’s winter storms highlighted the cost, damages and disruption that extreme weather can cause. Yet within the first six months of the coalition, David Cameron cut the flood protection budget by over £100m, leaving many communities, including the South West, overly exposed.
Ever since then the government has been playing catch up and that’s what today’s promise of £2.3billion for flood defence schemes is all about.
Communities at risk of flooding won’t buy this spin from David Cameron. The £2.3bn is not new money, instead it is another re-announcement of capital funding confirmed a year ago. As a result the Committee on Climate Change claims that the government’s plans will leave 80,000 additional properties at significant risk of flooding in the next five years alone. There were even reports over the weekend that these plans contain a £500m black hole.
There are some heroic assumptions underlying these plans. The government has assumed it can raise £600m of the £2.3bn from its ‘partnership funding programme’, four times more than at present. The programme includes contributions from both the public and private sectors. Yet this has been a disaster.
Not only has the government failed to raise even the original target of £140m in this Parliament, it is having to rely on councils to meet three-quarters of the costs as the private sector sit on their hands. It is difficult to see how cash-strapped local authorities will be able to raise anything like £600m for flood defences in the next six years.
The reality is that flood risk management has gone backwards under this Tory-led government. Despite repeatedly telling us that they’re spending ‘more than ever’ and promising that “money is no object” they have been found out time and time again. Just last month the National Audit Office confirmed that David Cameron has cut flood defence spending by 10% in real terms since 2010.
This same short-term approach has been applied to the ongoing maintenance of flood defences which were cut by 20% in 2010. As a result the Committee on Climate Change has said that three-quarters of existing flood defences are not being maintained to their identified need. This will end up costing the taxpayer more in the long-term because maintaining existing flood defence systems can be among the most cost-effective use of resources.
This replaces The Guardian’s video which was not available to share.
Communities at risk of flooding deserve a proper long-term plan for infrastructure investment, including flooding. That is why Labour has called for an Independent National Infrastructure Commission to set out its flood defence spending in the context of a 25-30 year infrastructure plan.
Taking climate change seriously is not something only to be done a few months before an election. Voters won’t be fooled by the prime minister who pledged to lead the “greenest government ever” and then instructed his aides to “cut the green crap”.
Maria Eagle MP is Labour’s shadow environment secretary.